Floret Farm's | Discovering DahliasRegular price $55.00 Save $-55.00
A Guide To Growing And Arranging Magnificent Blooms
Please note that this is a PRE ORDER as this book has not yet been published. Shipping from 09 March 2021. Please note that you cannot order additional items with the book pre order - you will need to make a separate order.
By Erin Benzakein with Julie Jorgensen & Julie Chai | Photographs Chris Benzakein
A stunning guide to growing, harvesting, and arranging gorgeous dahlia blooms from star flower farmer and New York Times bestselling author Erin Benzakein, founder of Floret Flower Farm.
In this inspiration-packed guide, celebrated farmer-florist Erin Benzakein reveals all the secrets you’ll need for cultivating your own gorgeous dahlias. These cutting garden favourites are some of the most beloved flowers for arranging and come in a dazzling range of colours, sizes, and forms, offering enough variety for virtually every garden space and style.
Full of expert wisdom and overflowing with hundreds of breathtaking images, Discovering Dahlias is an essential resource and must-have book for anyone who loves flowers.
In these pages, readers will discover:
• Expert advice for planting, harvesting, and arranging garden-fresh dahlias
• A simple-to-follow overview of the dahlia classification system
• An A–Z guide with photos and descriptions of more than 350 varieties
• Step-by-step how-to's for designing show-stopping dahlia bouquets that elevate any occasion
World recognised author: Erin Benzakein's gorgeous flowers are celebrated throughout the world. She is the star of Growing Floret, a documentary series premiering on Magnolia Network. Her book Floret Farm's A Year in Flowers was a New York Times bestseller and her first book, Floret Farm's Cut Flower Garden, won the American Horticultural Society Book Award.
Filled with Wisdom: Overflowing with hundreds of lush photographs and invaluable advice, DISCOVERING DAHLIAS is an essential resource for gardeners and a must-have for anyone who loves flowers, including flower lovers, avid and novice gardeners, floral designers, florists, small farmers, stylists, and designers.
Beautiful to gift: This book is a beautiful present for Mother's Day 2021 and a thoughtful gift for nature lovers, flower enthusiasts, flower farmers and gardeners. The colourful, flower-forward package pairs perfectly with plants, gifts and garden-wares from Puriri Lane
Hardcover | 224 pages
Launching | March 9, 20201
Product Dimensions: 18.2cm x 25.4cm
We will be having a launch event at Puriri Lane on Friday 12 & Saturday 13 March 2021 - Keep an eye out on our Workshop page for more details and to book your ticket. Tickets sold out very quickly so book early to avoid disappointment
BONUS MATERIAL WITH YOUR PRE ORDER
Watch the pages of Discovering Dahlias come to life in this special book bonus material. We will email you a link upon pre-ordering the book, you will need to enter in your name, email and our store name and your order number to claim your bonus materials. This bonus includes two videos and two printable download dahlia resources not included in the book.
- Enjoy a tour of Floret’s rainbow dahlia field. Erin will take you on a behind the scenes tour of the Floret dahlia field where you’ll learn more about these incredible cut flowers, plus some of her favorite varieties.
- Learn how to prevent dahlias from wilting and maximize vase life. Erin will show you step-by-step how to cut and care for fresh dahlias so you can enjoy your blooms even longer.
- Discover the top sources for high quality dahlia tubers in your region. This list of Erin’s favorite domestic and international suppliers includes some great local growers who offer hard-to-find varieties.
- Plan your perfect dahlia patch with Floret’s printable planning cards. Each card includes a color photo with essential information including the variety name, color, type, and bloom size.